CALM & CONNECTED
A 5 Step, 35 Day Programme to Enable You to Equip Your Pre-Teen Child to Manage Their Emotions and Behaviour
Course starts on 1st February 2021!
CALM & CONNECTED is perfect for you if:
1. You have a pre-teen child (aged 9-12) who is struggling with their emotions and/or behaviour.
2. You want to take practical steps to improve your child's wellbeing.
3. You want to equip your child with the skills to cope successfully with big emotions.
4. You recognize that your current family life doesn't fit with the vision you once had for family life and you want to do something about it.
5. You are able to dedicate 2-3 hours for 5 weeks, or 1-2 hours over 10 weeks or more, to watch the videos and complete the exercises.
By taking the course
Understand why your child is feeling and behaving the way they are.
Understand how stress and anger affect the body and mind.
Develop a step by step, individualized action plan to help your child.
Put that plan into action and start to review your results.
Know what steps to take to avoid ever feeling overwhelmed by your child's behaviour again.
- Mum of a child who was supported by Lucy at Everlief
“Lucy took great care to listen to us carefully, identify the issues and help us understand our son’s behaviour. As a direct consequence of her help we’ve been able to offer enhanced support to our son.”
- Parents of a child who was supported by Lucy at Everlief
"Lucy’s expertise, insight, clarity and compassion made a huge difference to my teenage daughter when she was suffering from anxiety and depression. She has a gift for explaining what is happening both physically and mentally during times of stress, turning a frightening crisis into a situation which is understandable, and making the process of recovery seem both natural and achievable. You couldn’t ask for a better person to turn to for help and advice."
- Mum of a child who was supported by Lucy at Everlief
What’s Inside CALM & CONNECTED
In module 1 you will learn how to prioritise your own wellbeing, and how this will positively affect your child. You will also use a technique to consider what you would like life to look like for your child and your family in the future. Finally, you will be introduced to the magic 5-step "SUPER" process!
You'll lay the foundations for a successful outcome with some planning, and learn about the 5-step process we will be using in modules 2 to 6.
- Develop a Parent Personal Wellbeing Menu
- Set Your Course Goals
- Learn the "SUPER" process
S - Spell it Out
In this module you will be guided to clarify exactly what the problems are, so you can feel less overwhelmed. If we know what the problems are, then we can do something about them!
You'll clarify the specific problems facing your child and/or your family.
- Learn how to "Spell it Out"
- Hear about our case studies, Evan and Rosie.
- Use the PDF diary and checklist to track family patterns and trends in preparation for Module 3.
U - Understand
In this module you'll learn about the links between stress, anger and anxiety. Like a detective, you'll look at the problem in depth from multiple perspectives and by the end of the module you'll have a clear understanding of what's causing and maintaining the problem.
Understand all the factors that contribute to stress and anger, and which ones are contributing in YOUR family.
- Learn the science of stress and anger
- Apply it to your own child
- Complete the questionnaire to get in-depth understanding about underlying causes
P - Plan
In this module you'll pull together everything that you've learned in a structured way, and develop a strategic plan. By the end of the module you'll know exactly what to do about the problem, and when and how you're going to do it.
Through videos and PDFs you will learn exactly which strategies will be most effective for your particular situation, pick 1-3 of these, and complete your action plan.
- Learn which strategies will work in your situation.
- Create a personalised visual plan for your child using our tools.
- Commit to your plan.
E - Energize
In this module you'll put your chosen strategies into action in a systematic and manageable way.
It's time to put all that hard work into practice, and support is available if you have questions or get stuck.
- Take action based on your individualized plan.
- Get help and support if you need it.
R - Review
In our final module you'll return to your goals from Module 1 and track your progress.
Reflect on what worked well, what could be tweaked, and what needs to happen next.
- Measure progress against your goals from Module 1
- Celebrate your successes
- Learn about options for seeking further support if required
In total, here's what you get when you sign up:
6 Modules (30 individual lessons, each with a video and PDF)
A 5 step, 35 day programme to enable you to equip your pre-teen child to manage their stress and emotions
Access to the private community, so you can go on your journey with others. Submit your questions for my weekly Q&A videos, or simply watch them each week.
Plus these bonuses to help you feel even more empowered:
1. Parent Personalised Self-Care Plan (Identify the most important aspects of self-care, use our tool to develop a personal plan, and create a visual plan that becomes part of your routine.)
2. Identify Your Child's Unique Pattern of Individual Strengths (A step by step tool to identify your child's strengths, a visual personalised summary to share with your child)
3. Develop Your Personalised "In The Moment Survival Guide" to Managing an Anger Outburst or Behavioural Meltdown (Using our tool, pick the ones that work for you)
In the unlikely event that the course doesn't meet your expectations you are entitled to a full refund within 14 days of the start of the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time do I need to commit?
It varies across the modules but ideally you will commit to setting aside 2-3 hours per week, for the 5 weeks of the course. (You can spread this out over a longer time period if you prefer.) This includes watching the videos, reading and filling out the PDFs and putting the strategies in place.
Do I have to complete the course in 35 days (5 weeks)?
No! You can complete the course in your own time - take 5 months or even a year if you need to. You will have lifetime access to the course and you can also download the PDFs and videos to look at whenever you want. The online community will remain open for 2 months after the course starts.
How do I get support if I get stuck or have a question?
There are 2 ways you can get support:
- Submit a question (anonymously if you prefer) for the weekly Q&A in the private group.
- Ask other members of the private community.
My child is autistic/has ASD/ASC. Is this course suitable?
Yes. Dr Lucy Russell wrote the course, and autism is one of her specialisms. The course is suitable for children who are on the autistic spectrum and those who are not. There is one possible exception: Children with a PDA ("pathological demand avoidance") profile within the autism spectrum. If you think this might apply to you, contact Lucy to discuss it further: [email protected].
My child is on the waiting list for an NHS service such as CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health services). Can I still do the course while I wait?
Yes you can. But whether you are doing the course or not, if at any point you are concerned about the safety of your child or others (eg if your child has self-harmed or has threatened to hurt themselves or others) you should always speak to your GP (doctor), or if you are urgently concerned you must seek emergency help.
Is this course an alternative to therapeutic support from a psychologist, psychotherapist or counsellor?
Although the course is written by a clinical psychologist and therapist, it is not the same as therapy. It is self-guided. Some families have complex difficulties and need face to face support. If you think you may need face to face support, your GP (doctor) can advise you about your options locally.
Worried you may not have the skills or dedication to take best advantage of the course?
Not sure whether to invest in the cost of the course?
Want to check the qualifications/credentials of the course creator?
What is the timeline once I sign up?
Can you remind me of everything I’m getting when I sign up?
I'm here to support you through CALM & CONNECTED
My clinic in Buckinghamshire, Everlief, has grown exponentially in the last 8 years and now has a team of more than 20 psychologists and therapists. Yet, sadly, we cannot even come close to meeting the demand for our face to face services.
So, I have made it my mission to create this low-cost course, so that more parents can get help and guidance they need to increase their children's wellbeing and improve family life. Using my years of experience and with input from other members of the fantastic Everlief team, it has taken many months to put together this comprehensive course. I am so happy with what we have achieved, and I am confident that parents who commit to the course will find it changes their family life for the better.
I look forward to seeing you inside the course!
Dr Lucy Russell, Clinical Psychologist
Still thinking about it? CALM & CONNECTED could be perfect for you if...
1. You want to take action to improve your child's wellbeing.
2. You want to equip your child with the skills to cope successfully with big emotions.
3. You recognize that your current family life doesn't fit with the vision you once had for family life and you want to do something about it.
4. You are able to dedicate 2-3 hours for 5 weeks, or 1-2 hours over 10 weeks or more, to watch the videos and complete the exercises.